When you have made God small.






When you’ve made God small


I am tired and frustrated
What kind of situation is this?
Oh! What is this?
How do I handle this?
Should I cry, maybe it will help?
Oh I can’t even help it, I am weeping already,
My heart is still, stiff and shredded
Hmmmn……………….

Oh! Jesus
I can’t even think straight right now…
This is so hard
What do I do now?
I am finished.
No one is going to help me… oh God!


Isn’t it very funny how the solution to our challenges and problems appear with every statement of hopelessness we make?
When the answer is indeed staring at you in the face “GOD”
When you’ve made God small is when you pour so much energy into the thoughts and genesis of your predicaments.

Now I know it is not easy, in fact so many times we have already fallen into this deep “calling God small” syndrome before we remember who our refuge is and why we should stop mopping about instantly.

Imagine solving a GMAT question or let me even make it easier, during our common entrance days in primary school when we had Ugo C Ugo. to practice with and I personally found so much joy in going to look at the back of the textbooks for solutions to the problems almost immediately they were assigned to me, sometimes even before starting. Looool! Because as funny as it appears, it made my problem solving easier.

Similarly, compare this illustration with a Christian life that faces all sorts of challenges, you see, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous but he will deliver us from it all” he never said it would be a smooth ride, he never confirmed there wouldn’t be challenges, but he has promised to deliver us from all of them, in fact when we as humans are so weak that’s when God’s at his strongest, what greater solution is clearer than this.


When you’ve made God small is when you run to confusion and cover yourself with negative thoughts, when you start doubting and you can’t seem to find your strength in his promises or words.

When you have made God small is when you are looking for solution that’s staring right at you, in the face of the words that come out of your mouth and mind.

Learn to live large with God, enjoy his fatherly love and live each day with a hope and trust for a better than yesterday.

Comments